2013年10月14日 星期一

Practicing My Poor English (7)

A blind person and a lame person lived together.
One night, a neighboring house was aflame suddenly.
The fire became fiercer and fiercer.
It became closer and closer to the house they lived.
It was very dangerous.
They were in a state of confusion.
They didn't know how to escape.
Since the blind couldn't see and the lame couldn't walk, it was difficult for them to escape from the fire.
As the saying goes, good ideas come at times of crisis.
The blind carried the lame on the back at once and asked the lame to guide him.
Relying on their cooperation, they had escaped from the fire at last.

12 則留言:

  1. Luckily it was not a lame man and a deaf blind man.

    回覆刪除
  2. 人非完美,要如盲跛,與人互助,能解困境。

    回覆刪除
  3. 互利 雙贏! And luckily, the lame man isn't too heavy, and the blind man is strong enough to carry him.

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. 互利雙贏這三個字太好了,讓我想起這八個字:勝利是留給有準備的人。

      刪除
  4. Chekhov once said: cut out all unnecessary words. Why "state of" and not "were confused":. Why "time of crisis"? Why not e.g. "at crises".. They make the sentences very clumsy. Wish they had a "private" button here so I don't have to post my comments in public. Hope you don't mind.

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. I totally, completely agree with Chekhov...I can't agree more...I always try to write short and clear, with no unnecessary words...talk succinctly, tersely, pithily and concisely...without wasting any words...I totally, completely agree with Chekhov...I can't agree more...I always try to write short and clear, with no unnecessary words...talk succinctly, tersely, pithily and concisely...without wasting any words...

      刪除
  5. Who can survive? Not the so-called clever and pride man, but the pair of blind and lame.

    回覆刪除