2013年9月5日 星期四

Practicing My Poor English (1)

There're some sentences below I translated from some old Chinese textbooks for primary school pupils.

I empty my bowels every morning after waking up, that's why I'm healthy.

"What is the origin of this bowl of cooked rice?"
"Uncooked rice."
"What is the origin of the uncooked rice?"
"Farmers plant it."

There are five fingers on a hand.
Every finger has a piece of nail.
If the nail is too long, it will cause inconvenience and keep dirt under it.
That is why we should cut it every now and then.

A boy had a bad temper and always had fights with others.
One day, his teacher brought him to watch a cricket fight.
Once the two crickets met, they frought fiercely and spared no efforts.
At last, the loser died and the winner was badly hurt.
The boy was enlightened by the scene.
Since then he didn't like fighting anymore.

There are a few acres of mulberry field.
The milberries are budding in spring.
The buds become bigger and bigger and eventually become leaves.
Countrywomen go picking mulberry leaves with scissors and baskets.
The leaves will be the food of silkworms.

Last Sunday, my schoolmates gave a variety show in school.
There were singing and dancing shows.
We also gave a stage play.
The title of the play was "Brothers".
It was about the love between brothers.
I acted the elder brother in the play.
It was the first time I were on the stage, so I were nervous.
After the show, the audience said that they enjoyed it.
I were so happy with the result.

On the small bamboo table, there were needles, threads, a ruler and a pair of scissors.
Sitting beside the table, my mother threaded a needle, then sewed clothes for me.

C dug some potatoes and brought them home.
He chose a small potato and made it a toy pig.
The pigtail was a short root.
For the legs, he peeled four bamboo slips and stuck them on the potato.
Then the toy pig was complete, he named it Pigtato.
He played it with his brothers and sisters.

We should always clean up our room and keep the dirt away.
Keep the windows open for fresh air and sunlight.

You buy cloth.
I buy cloth.
We don't buy foreign cloth.
We buy local cloth.

My mother made clothes.
One piece for me.
One piece for my younger brother.

I can name all the tools for tailoring.

My clothes are washed frequently, so they're clean.

Sow the field with grains of wheat.
Soon they'll be rooting and leafing.
They'll grow day by day.

Vapor meeting something extremely cold will turn into frost.

Cats catch mice.
Dogs guard houses.
They do their own work.
People out of work are inferior to cats or dogs.

Before washing your face, cover your collar with a cloth and roll up your sleeves, don't wet them.
Comb your hair and keep it neat.

S and Z are schoolmates.
S has a new book.
She gives it to Z.
Then Z gives S her writing bush and some paper.

There is a bottle of candies.
A kid reaches his hand into the bottle and take a full handful of candies.
He can't get his hand out.
His hand is paining and he is anxious.
His moyher says, 'Don't be greedy. Take fewer candies and you can get your hand out.

A student goes into a classroom.
The teacher asks, 'Why do you come here?'
The student replies, 'My parents sent me here for learning.'
The teacher says, 'Good. A man without learning is not a complete man.'

25 則留言:

  1. There is a commemoration today.
    Everyone has arrived on time.
    No one is late.

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. In the garden, there is an artificial hill, a fishpond, plants and a lawn.
      The scene is fantastic.

      刪除
    2. Pastries are made from rice flour.
      Biscuits are made from wheat flour.
      Pastries and biscuits are both delicious.

      刪除
    3. My father invited a visitor to stay for dinner.
      He asked the visitor to take a seat.
      I served the dishes and then had dinner with them.

      刪除
    4. Have some fresh fruits everyday.
      It's good for your health.
      Don't eat rotten fruits.

      刪除
    5. You should eat green vegetables and soybean curd frequently.

      刪除
    6. When the guest came, I greeted him.
      When the guest left, I showed hime to the door.

      刪除
    7. That was a new year.
      We wore new clothes.
      When we met for the first time of that year, we said, 'Happy new year!'

      刪除
    8. Good-bye, teacher.
      We're leaving for holidays.

      刪除
    9. On the sea, a boat was sailing in the distance.

      刪除
    10. Hiding in its mother's pouch, the little kangaroo doesn't fear wind or rain.

      刪除
    11. Treat your teachers with respect and love your classmates.

      刪除
    12. It's cool to sit in the shade of a giant tree.

      刪除
    13. I saw the sun in that morning.

      刪除
    14. It's my mother's birthday.
      We sing and dance.

      刪除
    15. Making soup with green vegetables and soybean curd.

      刪除
    16. It's a durian.
      Isn't it fragrant?
      It's regarded by many people as the king of fruits.

      刪除
    17. The little monkey was so funny.
      It wore a suit of bright-coloured clothes and attempted to act like a man.

      刪除
    18. It was a sunny day.
      We played outdoors.
      We swam and basked in the sun.

      刪除
    19. There're shrimps in the river.

      刪除
    20. I lost my way, so I asked a policeman for direction.

      刪除
    21. Cock, hen, chicks! Come eat rice! Come eat worms!

      刪除
    22. Lambs are bleating.
      They don't eat grass.
      They drink milk.

      刪除
  2. Were all these thoughts going through your mind while you were sitting in the hall for the commemoration meeting?

    回覆刪除